Friday, April 20, 2012

No One Has the Perfect Life

Do you ever read blogs or see things on FB about other people's lives and think, 'wow, they really have it all together'....perfect home, perfect family, perfect vacations, perfect craftiness, etc.

Then you reflect on your own life and it seems so imperfect.

But the reality is, NO ONE has the perfect life, no matter what they post on their blog or FB.

We all have our own trials, big and small. We overcome one trial and another one pops up.
It's life. No one is exempt from it.

And right now, MY life seems so overwhelming.  I just go through the motions and feel like I can't come up for air sometimes.
It's during these times that I find it very difficult to focus on the positives.
It takes A LOT of effort and prayers to do so.
But you push forward because tomorrow is a new day.
Another opportunity to try again.

(My niece and my little pumpkin are two of the constant positives in my life.
And of course, my dear and wonderful huband too).

"...Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, I'll try again tomorrow"
- Mary Anne Radmacher

11 comments:

Janine said...

I love that quote. It's very true.

Kathleen said...

Hi! I just happened onto your blog and I'm so happy I did! It's so cute and your little boy is adorable! Have a good weekend!

Sarah Wilks said...

That's a great quote, and your words are so, so true - it's lovely to read blogs, but sometimes they can make the grass look a whole lot greener in other people's yards than it does in my own! But I've got the yard I've got, so I might as well tend to it as best I can - hope you feel better soon! x

Cranberry Morning said...

Aren't you so grateful that we are not walking through this life alone! Praise God that His spirit is with us, even in the dark moments and the discouragements. Such sweet photos!

Katie Olthoff said...

oh dear, I was feeling like that last week, but much better this week. You'll get through it. You've been through so much already, successfully. You can do it!!!

Jessica White said...

Praying for you. I know I really struggle with feeling like everyone else is perfect and I'm just disgusting inside and out. *hugs*

Fran said...

Of course you must know, this hit home so much. I'm here for you, and sure, tomorrow is another day, we have another chance. Love, Fran

Bethany said...

Two of my favorite quotes right now:

"One reason we struggle with insecurity: we’re comparing our behind the scenes to everyone else’s highlight reel."

-and--

"Don't tell God about your big problem. Tell your problem about your BIG GOD."

Whatever it is, you will get through it! I don't know the details of what's going on for you right now, but from the little bits and pieces you've said recently about trying to de-clutter your home, etc. I can imagine that there is a lot of stress in that alone. I'm sure that's not all that's going on, but it is definitely enough to get even the best of us down! I have been in your shoes and I have had some times both recent and in the past where I feel as you've described in this post. I went through a really though time with a lot of ups and downs from December through February. Just keep plugging along and know that even those of us who don't know you in "real life" are thinking about you and praying for you!!

If we didn't have the tough times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times nearly as much. Things will get back to good--they always do!!

Lori said...

I have NO idea what you're talking about. My life is perfect! ;-) Hang in there Hannah. I have been in your place many times...thankfully it waxes and wanes. (And my new beat friend named Cymbalta helps too! Lol)

Alex said...

SUCH a good reminder - for all of us! Hang in there, my dear. You'll get through it, whatever it is...

Than4Keeps said...

Hey Beautiful! I don't believe everything that I read on FB but you know what? You are correct that "it's life" but making it "perfect" is a choice that we have to make each and every day. Our Heavenly Father never gives us more than what we are able to handle. I'm so thankful for the trials and tribulations that I've had to face, otherwise, I would not be the person that I am today. Trust in God,rely on your husband and give praises for your perfect gift, Mathew.