Thursday, April 17, 2014

One Year Older

On Tuesday (tax day, the 15th), I turned one year older!
It was a low key kind of day. I worked and then spent time with my boys.
Matthew helped me open up my presents.  My awesome husband turned in all his change that he'd been saving up to buy me a the new iPad Air.  It was SO very thoughtful.  He also got me a sushi making kit.  I'm so excited to try it out.  I also got some sewing things and Matthew got me some cute purple pj's!  I wore them to bed that night and the next morning when Matthew saw me in my new PJ's he exclaimed, 'mommy, do you love your pj's?!'  I assured him that I LOVED my new comfy PJ's!


We went out for Thai food and then came home and had Carvel icecream cake.  So yummy!

One of the presents Steve got me was turning Matthew's first year from my blog into a book!  I absolutely LOVED it!  I love going back and reading all the memories that had been recorded.  I'm so glad I have this blog to record our family memories (even if no one reads it!)  I miss scrapbooking the old fashion way, but there just isn't enough time.  This little blog captures our little family and life as it happens to us!


It was a fabulous birthday!
I am looking forward to many more blessings in my 36th year!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you are feeling well and are off of bed rest. What a wonderful gift in the blog to book. My sister has done it a few times. Great memories!

Cranberry Morning said...

Happy belated birthday to you!! Such a sweet family - and wasn't that a fabulous idea for your birthday present!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had a great time celebrating. I love the book that you got as a gift. What a special present. You are going to love your new iPad Air. We got one in November, and it is the greatest!

Have a great weekend!
Laurie

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Happy Birthday! I was just looking into making my blog a book! What service did he use?