(I love this little girl to pieces. Just the thought of her puts a smile on my face).
I'm feeling better today (the sun is out and it's suppose to be a beautiful day).
Since the last IVF in January, I've been praying for direction on what to do next. Do we adopt, try another cycle, or just give up on having children of our own? I haven't really received an answer.
Then I was reading the Ensign (church magazine) and came across an article titled, What Should We Do When We Don't Know What To Do? Sometimes God doesn't tell us what to do, He leaves it up to us to decide and go to Him with faith. And if it's not the right decision, He will let us know.
“When you are living worthily and your choice is consistent with the Savior’s teachings and you need to act, proceed with trust,” said Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. If we are sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit, Elder Scott added, “either the stupor of thought will come, indicating an improper choice, or the peace or the burning in the bosom will be felt, confirming that your choice was correct. When you are living righteously and are acting with trust, God will not let you proceed too far without a warning impression if you have made the wrong decision.”
So we are thinking about doing another IVF cycle. I feel like we need to give it one more shot. I am putting my faith and trust in God to let us know that this is the right decision for us right now.

12 comments:
love this post... it answered my question too and encouraged me.
Thank you for sharing this!!! I love how he explained that there won't be words written in the sky of the next step. I'm happy that you have chosen to do another one. Good Luck chickie! You are in my prayers daily!
Love & Hugs
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. And Abby's face, she makes even me feel better!!! LOL
I loved that article. I think when we are going doing the right path, we feel a sense of peace or calmness, and we know. Contrary to that, I think the anxiousness and discomfort might be a sign we are not going own the right path. Sometimes it's hard to decipher between what's normal and what's not. So hard to choose. My struggle today is choosing what to do next. I have been praying for guidance and then last week Miss Shelly said she thought I should use the RE, out of the blue....so I am inclined to think that was my sign.
Whatever you choose to do, we are right here with you.
Thank you for my card....Your timing was impeccable, as I received it on a day that wasn't going so well, and it was such a pleasant surprise. You are so kind and thoughtful and I am so happy to have you as a friend.
xoxoxoxoxox
Kim
Thank you so much for sharing this. This was just what I needed to hear today! I have yet to read this article in the Ensign. I am going to look it up online right now. I hope you can feel peace in your decision. Hugs!
How precious is that picture?? Her personality shines through - I feel like I've met her!
I'm so glad you're feeling pulled toward another cycle. If it feels right, go for it! You can do it!! And this one will be IT.
Wow. Isn't it amazing that when you looking for answers the guidance always seems to just pop into your life from somewhere. Great article and I am glad you are going to try another cycle!
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com
I only managed to watch the four session of general conference (we DVRed the others, but still haven't watched them). My home teacher told us to watch with the question of moving forward with our family in our hearts as we did. The confirmation that we were making the right choice about proceeding was amazing. I just KNEW I was supposed to do the surgery and get pregnant again. It is amazing how conference can really bring the spirit into your heart.
I honestly felt like you and Steve needed to give it another go too. I am glad that is what you have decided to do. I pray that this next round is the one. I fervently pray for it.
This article is GREAT!! It is helping me at this time in my life too. I love direction from our living apostles and prophet. I hope your FAITH gets you through and that you are heading in the right direction.
I need to read that article...thanks for posting! I need some direction right now too. How exciting to move forward with another round of IVF!!
God is soooo good! He will lead us where we need to be:) Everything will happen the way it's supposed to! Good Luck sweetie:) xoxox Happy Friday:)
I love this post. Praying that you will feel God's peace with this next IVF.
PS - love the picture of that cute Abbey!
I LOVE that article! I received direction regarding sending Heather to the Churchill School from that article. It makes me feel so good inside to know someone else was touched by Elder Scott's inspired words.
Post a Comment