Thursday, April 18, 2013

35

I turned 35 earlier this week (tax day)!
It was a fabulous day. Absolutely fabulous.
 
I started the day off by waking up next to my hubby and little guy in bed.  I knew it was going to be a great day when Matthew randomly lifted my shirt and kissed my belly.   I am NOT pregnant so I don't know what provoked him to do that.  But it was such a tender moment for me.
 
 We took the day off from work to spend the day together as a family.  After breakfast at Cracker Barrell, we headed to the Washington, D.C. Zoo. Matthew had SO much fun seeing all the animals.  We read about all the animals in his books so it was exciting for him to actually see the animals in real life (and make the animal sounds!).
 
Afterwards, we picked up cousin Abbey and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I usually don't like when the wait staff at restaurants sing happy birthday to you, but I didn't mind this time because I knew Matthew would enjoy.  We had asked Matthew all week, 'who's birthday is it?' And he would point to himself and say 'Pumpkin's bday' or 'Mavew's bday'.  By the end of the night, I think he finally understood that it was 'mommy's bday'.
 
Yummy coconut cream cheesecake! The best!
 
And this is what I got for my birthday! So much fun! 
I took it for a spend around the neighborhood and found all the hills to avoid!  Flat ground is much more friendlier (for now at least). 
 
This little munchkin loves my bike helmet.  Just look at that cute face!
 
As each birthday year comes and goes, I am eternally grateful for my family, my health, and my faith!
 
Life is good! 
 
 
 

13 comments:

Heather Nelsen said...

So sweet!! Love your biking riding pics! I bet Matthew loved taking a spin with you! ;) And too cute that he caught on to "Mommy's birthday" by the end of the night. :) Such sweet memories!! Glad you had a great day!

~Heather

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah yes, 35. A distant memory. lol
glad you had a happy birthday. How blessed you are. Love the photos. :-)

Sarah said...

Happy 3th my friend! Love the pics!

One Who Understands said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a wonderful day! Oh that Matthew is way too cute.

Baby On Mind said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a wonderful day, and thanks for sharing the pictures. Matthew is so cute! And you guys looks great!

Fran said...

Happy birthday!! As always, I love the pics!

JP said...

That looks like a FABULOUS way to spend your birthday. Happy 35th year! Matthew is an excellent helmet model!

Unknown said...

happy happy birthday!!!! you already have the most wonderful gift and i wish you more happiness!!!

take care. xoxo,Meg of Sweet Gala's

simplyvonne said...

happy birthday friend!!!! how awesome u got a bike! I really want one too..so cute that all three of u have one....now for a second baby!! ;)

Cindi said...

"Mavew's bday!" I LOVE that!!! So glad you had a wonderful day celebrating you. :)

Kim said...

What a wonderful birthday, love every bit of it :) especially the belly kiss, so sweet.

Jessica White said...

Glad you had such an awesome birthday :-)

Alex said...

Happy Birthday!!! That looks like such a wonderful day. You deserve it!!!!