I'm finally getting around to posting baby Vietitaly's sonogram pictures.
Here he is at 17 wks, face down (which seems to be his favorite position).
Profile at 19 wks
It's a boy! 19 wks.
21 wks (yeah, I can't see anything in this picture)
Last week I went in to see the endocrinologist to follow up on the gestational diabetes. After two weeks of monitoring my blood sugar level, he said I am doing well. However, I have to keep pricking my fingers and I have to watch what I eat for dinner because my numbers should be a little bit better. We concluded that I was not snacking enough between lunch and dinner, therefore seem to be either eating more at dinner or not eating the right kinds of food. I am now packing fruit, craisins and pecans to snack on.
Today I went in to see the high risk dr for my 21 wk appt today. Baby seems to be doing well. He was face down again so they couldn't get a good profile picture. The dr came in and measured my cervix and checked out my uterus. He pressed down on my belly to check the cervix. He said there seems to be a small change in my cervix when he presses down on it. He prescribed progesterone to help 'relax' my uterus so it won't affect my cervix. I have to go back in a week to follow up.
The dr also asked me about my work and commute and then told me that when I get home from work, I am to do nothing! He wants me off my feet. I asked about exercise (30 mins on the treadmill to help the diabetes) and he said no! Then he looked at Steve and said 'do absolutely nothing!' That means Steve has to take care of me. If Steve wasn't there to hear it for himself, he probably wouldn't have believed me if I told him that's what the dr ordered. He really is a trooper. I love him more every day. We asked if I would have to go on bedrest and the dr said he's not sure yet. He wants to see how the progesterone will work. I think I will eventually be on bedrest (I'm secretly welcoming it, given the stress at work!)




20 comments:
So precious! Glad things are going so well.
I hope you get an opportunity to stop working and take it easy without needing to be on bed rest :)
I missed that it was a BOY!!!! Congrats! Do you have a name picked out yet? Now you can start decorating - sweet!
So good to hear an update on baby V. Sounds like things are going really well.
And yay for instructions for doing nothing when you get home from work!
Hope the stress at work gets better soon!
Glad to hear you had another great apppointment and congrats on keeping your sugar under control! I binge at dinner too, I am starving when I get home from work....so snacking is a good idea.
Follow those doctors orders young lady! I know you will, but I know it will be challenging too, especially for someone who is used to being on the go. I know your hubs will take great care of you. xoxoxoxox
Baby V is adorable and I love these photos. I can't wait to see ours look like a baby rather then a teddy bear.
I hope you can get your needed rest without bed rest. Bed rest is no "walk in the park". Speaking from experience, bed rest is prescribed when there are risks for the mom or baby. It can be a very scary time. Hoping for a healthy pregnancy for you.
I just wanted you to know that on Sunday you looked like a cute prego! Your tummy is starting to poke and baby is starting to announce himself to others!!! Yay!
I hope all goes well with the Progesterone so you don't have to be on bedrest so soon!
Glad that your numbers are okay. Yay for snacking, huh? I too hope you don't have to go on bedrest too soon! Although I understand that a break from work would be nice!
Love following your pregnancy!
Isn't it weird how not eating effects blood sugar just as much as eating does? I remember not being able to keep up with all the snacks! I ate lots of peanut butter and cheese and crackers. So great that you don't have to take insulin!!! Gorgeous pics of the little guy!
He is so adorable! Glad you have doctors closely monitoring you, and a wonderful husband to take care of you and the baby :)
It's amazing how sensitive our bodies are to what we eat! What a joy to see pictures of your little man. Best of luck with the progesterone. Keep us updated!
Yay! You are almost there!
21 weeks!! Unbelievable!! so happy for you and your little boy! Yes do stay off your feet!
Keep it up...I was placed on best rest at 18 weeks so you are doing really, really well! So thrilled to see the baby's pictures...he looks pretty content with his face down position. Take it easy and listen to your doctors...no stress...stay off your feet :~)
What a sweet adorable babe! Love sono pics :) glad I stumbled across your blog!
Isn't it great to see the u/s pix! ;)
Get some rest, and I hope it doesn't escalate to mandated bed rest, though I know what you mean about the break from work.
The best thing about ultrasound pictures is looking back at them after the baby is born and comparing the features.
GD really stinks. I am sorry that yours is such a battle. That blows.
I'm glad that if you get put on bed rest you are okay with it. I think I would be too. Any excuse to be away from work for a bit before the baby comes is good, sometimes.
Be sure to take good care of yourself! Keep those feet up!
I'm so glad things are going okay!!! I'm still praying for you and the little guy!
Glad that you are keeping the gestational diabetes under control with diet:)
Just curious did they check your cervix via US? Was it short or funneling? Oh man girl I really hope maybe can just reduce hours at work to decrease stress because bed rest is not fun and like the other girls said scary because your on it because there is a problem
Maybe the hubs taking care of after work will give you some more stress free time without the bedrest:)
Loving all the pics and cant wait to see more updates:)))))
Post a Comment