Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where I go to feel Peace and Love.

Steve and I went to the temple tonight after work (this post is dated 8/22/09 because it's after midnight on Saturday morning). We try and go once a month. After fighting Friday night rush hour traffic, which is crazy in the D.C. area, we detoured and decided to just grab dinner (at the Cheesecake Factory) and wait for it to die down. We ended up making it to the temple around 7 pm.

I LOVE THE TEMPLE.

It is where I feel Heavenly Father's love the most. When I enter through the temple doors, I leave this world behind with all my problems. When I leave the temple, I feel renewed and spiritually uplifted. I feel PEACE.

I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me for who I am.

I KNOW that Families are Forever.

I KNOW that He answers prayers.

(I took this picture this past April. Love the tulips!)

I also ran into a friend outside the temple. She is one of the sweetest people I know and I don't get to see her much, even though we don't live that far. She told me that she reads my blog, but doesn't know what kinds of comments to leave. I told her that I'm glad somebody's reading it! But in all honesty, sometimes, a simple 'thinking of you' or 'praying for you' is always heart warming. You can never have enough people praying for you.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I was just here a couple of weeks ago. Sure was nice to visit there again. Love and Hugs

Mrs. Farmer said...

Your temple is beautiful!! I feel the same way when I do finally get my butt to church. Like everything that was buzzing around in my head and stressing me out just gets turned off when I walk in.

I'm so glad you have found a shared risk clinic. I really like how you have explained so much about the program. I will have to look around and see if that is offered locally for us. Probably not since we live in Po Dunk USA... That is one down fall when it comes to living in the country on a farm. You aren't offered the same resources that are available in the bigger cities. We just have to make do with what we have. So my advice is: If you LOVE working 24 7 365 and working hard. Then farm life is for you. It is a lot of work and very little play. But it really is the only thing my hubby and I know. We both came from farm families. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Working hard is what makes my hubby happy. That in turn makes me happy so its a win win!!! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog!! I will check back to see how your doing!!!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have a place of refuge. We all need that uplift at times. And what a beautiful photo with the tulips.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Admin said...

I am so glad that I found your blog. I will be praying for you.

Rebecka said...

:) I do pray for you Hannah and think of you often. The Temple is such a blessing, to find strength and faith and to make sure things are prioritized correctly. I love it too!