Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

First week of shots are done!  I had my second bloodwork(BW)/ultrasound(US) appt this morning. The nurse will call later today to let me know if the dosage will change.  We go in on SUNDAY for another BW/US. And I get to start steroids on Sunday too.  (Part of the protocol this cycle.  Along with blood thinners later in the cycle). 

Yippie! I get to spend Father's Day at the fertility office! (insert sarcasm here). 

Oh darn, I have to miss church!  (insert semi-sarcasm here).  LOL.  (I believe my actual words when I found out I had a Sunday appt was 'Yes! Yes! Yes!')

I'm actually looking forward to just spending that day with my hubby.  We'll be taking naps since we have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to the appt.  It will be very low key day since it's the sabbath day and we always try to honor the day of rest!

Unlike us IF women who break down on mother's day, Steve's not sad or anything that it's Father's day.  It's just another day for him.  I'm sad for him....for us....another reminder that we are still childless.  Hopefully this will be the last year. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Enjoy the time with you fathers or husbands or love ones.  Do something that makes you happy (like eating ice cream!).  We will be busy with another bday party!

6 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

I also hope it's your last year. :(

Following you from FMF!

Fran said...

Greta your first week is done! i'm keeping everything crossed the new protocol is what will make a difference. Love, Fran

Circus Princess said...

How did I miss that you're in the middle of a cycle?? Must've been to wrapped up in my own drama. I'm hoping and praying with you that this is your Hubby's last father's day without a child :)

Shanan said...

You and Steve are wonderful surrogate parents for Abbey. I know it's not the same thing though! I hope you have a good weekend and that your appointment goes well. Enjoy your time with Steve!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I hope this is the last Father's Day you have with out a kid.

Hope you had a great day!

xoxo

Mrs. Farmer said...

Oh Hannah I'm sorry to just now be commenting. I'm just now catching up! I'm glad you are starting a new cycle! I hope next year's Father's Day your celebrating with a little bundle of Joy! Sending you lots of Love and Hugs! And Thank you so much for E-mailing me last week it meant a lot to get that. Good Luck Chickie!!!