Friday, October 8, 2010

17wks (tomorrow)

This picture is actually from 16 wks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16w6d

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an onion at 17 wks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think 8lbs, but every time I stand on the scale it's different (even though I weigh myself around the same time every morning!  And don't even get me started on the scale at the dr's office (which I usually get weighed late afternoon).

Maternity Clothes: I definitely need maternity pants.  I bought some, but need to get them altered because they are so freaking long!

Gender: BOY!

Movement: I think I felt him move yesterday. In the morning when we were driving into work and then in the afternoon when we were coming home.  It felt like a little poke.  It was strange, but was such a special moment for me. 

Sleep: Hard to sleep on my side the whole night.  I usually end up back on my back, but then just roll back to my side.  And getting up to go pee at least 2 times a night.

What I miss: Diet Coke

Cravings: None, yet.

Symptons: Tired in the afternoons, can't walk very long without my feet and back hurting.  And sitting at my desk all day makes my tail bone hurt like crazy! Occasional heartburn.

Best Moment this week: Feeling baby poke me!

23 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Yay for a belly pic. You look great.

So loving that you felt him move this week. :-)

Adam and Julia said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so excited for you. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It is so exciting to go through this journey with you at almost the exact same time! We're just about 4 days apart, right? Thank you so much for the belly pic. You are absolutely adorable and radiant! Yay for feeling the baby poke you. I may have felt it 3 or 4 times but it seems so surreal I'm not sure if it's really the baby : )

Kim said...

You look amazing Hannah! I love the bump, so cute! Yay for the baby pokes! This is where the fun starts! xoxoxox

Katie Olthoff said...

How fun! Please link this up to my Pregnant Party on Thursday!

You look adorable! I'm in maternity pants, too. And I have a system I worked out when I was pregnant with Adam - get up to pee, and roll to the other side, get up to pee, roll to the other side. If I stayed on one side too long, limbs would fall asleep. it gets worse as you get bigger!

Mrs. Farmer said...

Oh my goodness you look so adorable!!! You have such a cute bump!! Pregnancy looks really good on you chickie! And yahoo on feeling him move! How awesome! That must be amazing. I'm really so happy for you both!

Tracey said...

I'm just so happy for you!!! At that point I felt kicks a lot after I showered and when I was flat on my back - just for a few moments to feel her. It's so exciting! And the kicks help you know that he's healthy! But don't freak out if he has some days where you don't feel as much. You'll feel him like crazy for a few days and then nothing! It's nerve wrecking but soon you'll feel him every day and it's so comforting :-)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

You look great! Cute little baby bump!

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't believe you are 17 weeks already! I started feeling the popcorn popping baby movements at 18 weeks. Love it! FYI they come back later disguised as hiccups.
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

One Blessed Momma! said...

17 weeks already!!!! Wow! You look great Hannah!

Delenn said...

You're looking good! Hey, try Caffeine Free Diet Coke--I switched to it when I was preg with Willow and haven't changed back. ;-)

Glad things are going well!

Circus Princess said...

Yay for baby pokes and belly pics! You are so cute!!

Nick and Kristi said...

Yeah Finally a Prego Pic:) You look Fab!!!! Glad that everything seems to being as it should...Im with you I start on my side then wake up on my back...freak out because I already have bad blood flow to the uterus....but no matter how I position my Prego Pillow or how many additional pillows I place behind me but I guess alls I can do is try right:)

Fran said...

17!!! You are doing brilliantly my friend!!

Mindy and Larry said...

How wonderful you felt baby boy move! That is one of the things I loved about carrying a little person inside. It makes it more real! Congratulations, again!!!!!

Jen J. said...

oh yaay, the babe is moving...so exciting, isn't it?! and you look great!

"Jay" said...

Love the belly pic! So excited for your little man to come!

Nink said...

17 weeks already? Wow, girl...this pregnancy is flying for you! You have such an amazing glow and I bet you couldn't be any happier. :)

Betsy's Blog said...

You look fantastic. I am so happy for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Love = hugs and kisses.

Than4Keeps said...

Hannah ~ you are so lovely! It's thrilling to know that your little angel is communicating with his mommy. He is letting you how much he loves you and can't wait to meet you face to face! Wait until he does his little turn ~ you'll see him move like a wave across your tummy ;~)

The Wife said...

I was so excited to find out that you were pregnant! You must be so excited. Sorry I haven't checked in earlier. Hope everything is going well!

Yenta Mary said...

That is such a fabulous post!!! Starting my week with a smile ... :)

Saige said...

I found that at 17 weeks into my pregnancy, I could feel my daughter best when I laid on my back. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I would only do it before bed while I watched TV. It made her movements more pronounced. Isn't it the coolest feeling in the world?