Abbey and I went to lunch yesterday at this Chinese restaurant in town. We went up to pay the bill and the lady looked at Abbey and said, 'Oh, your daugther beautiful.' I kindly responded with a 'Thank you. She's actually my niece.' Then she said to me, 'Why you no kids? You don't want?' Boy, if only she knew how badly I want kids and how long I've TRIED to have kids. But I didn't feel like telling her my whole infertile story so I just said, 'No, I want kids, it just hasn't happend yet.' Then I quickly grabbed Abbey and headed out the door.
I usually get these blunt questions/comments from my extended family. But I wasn't surprised that it came from the Chinese lady. Most asians I know are not very tactful at all. They will give you their opinion, whether you ask for it or not.
(I don't mean to offend any asians out there. Please note, I said most asians I know. No offense to anyone).
3 comments:
All of (and I mean ALL) of my friendship group from school are either pregnant or have had children.
Everytime they announce, or i'm admiring their children I get the...
"When is it your turn Sass?"
Or the dreaded
"Hurry up and get busy!"
Yeah.
Big hugs hun!
xx
I love it when random people ask this question. I had the checker at the grocery store ask me one day. She then went on to tell me that she and her husband waited 17 years before they had kids. I just smiled and nodded and told her I hoped it didn't take us that long. (She is also Asian.) If they only knew.
(((HUGS)))
I always hated those comments to. DH and I used to mess with those people and tell them the state took our kids away because we kept putting them in crates. :D
Post a Comment