Monday, May 17, 2010

NY State of Mind

It's only Monday, but I'm already looking forward to the weekend!

Remember my new hobby I mentioned in March?  For my birthday last month, Steve signed us up for a class so we can learn all the functions besides 'automatic!'  We are heading to NYC for this three hour crash course!

It's been ages since I've been to the big apple and Steve has never been (and really has no desire to go, but he's going because he loves me).  We are hoping to catch a show (Wicked) and do some other touristy things. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for any good restuarants and/or things to do in NYC?  We are planning to go to Car.lo's Bakery (aka the Cake Bos.s). 

4 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

NYC! I haven't been in years! I am trying to talk my DH into taking me in November. Be sure to post your favorite spots for me!

Abby said...

SO JEALOUS! I can't wait until we go to NYC this summer. I'm glad you guys are going! So, a few places that I loved going to eat at are....

Carnegie Deli (located in Midtown): it's a little pricey, but their sandwiches are HUGE and really good!

Serendipity: it has really yummy desserts! You might have to wait awhile, so if you don't feel like waiting then I would skip it.

Yay! Have a great time =)

Kristi said...

I was just there. Go to Dallas BBQ, Schnippers, and Crumbs!! Yummo!! And if you want amazing pizza go to Grimaldi's it's right under the Brooklyn Bridge. Great atmosphere and some of the best pizza I have ever eaten!! Have fun in the city!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I am so sorry for your losses. I know how hard it is.
We got a DSLR last summer and I love it. People look at photos and tell me I am a great photographer. Not really, it is just the camera.