of SHARED RISK.
We are switching insurance's at the beginning of the year and under the new plan, Aet.na will cover up to $10K for fertility. So, we have decided to pull out of the Shared Risk program and let insurance cover IVF#2. And if we need to do an IVF#3, it'll still be cheaper for us to pay out of pocket for that cycle versus going through the shared risk program. Steve crunched all the numbers and it all makes sense. Even though the shared risk plan allows us to do up to six cycles, we've decided that we probably wouldn't do that many. I feel like we know we CAN get pregnant, but we just can't figure out why I can't STAY pregnant. So by doing five more cycles, it's really not going to help us answer the why. We will leave it in the Lord's hands.
So in preparation for the cycle in January, I've been playing phone tag with the RE's office and the insurance company. I'm suppose to go in on Tuesday, January 5th for my bloodwork/US, but I need preauthorization before my appointment. Aet.na infertility can't give the authorization, or even view my 2010 benefits, until Monday, January 4! It will be cutting it very close. I just have this fear that something will go wrong and they won't be able to get the authorization in time. Which will probably result in us waiting until April to start a cycle. I'm hoping and praying that everything will happen like it's suppose to and that we will be able to cycle in January because we're NOT going to be able to do a cycle in February or March because we're going ....
on a 7 day CARIBBEAN CRUISE!!
This will be an early 10 year anniversary vacation (actual anniversary is in June).
Steve surprised me on Christmas morning with the vacation.
I am super excited about it because it will be a much needed vacation for us. Again, we are putting all our faith in God's hands and no matter what happens with the cycle, we will accept whatever the outcome is.

10 comments:
That's great news about the insurance coverage - I hope the timing works out just right! And how awesome will the cruise be! I'm excited for you already!
Yay for insurance coverage! We are still discussing the option of Share Risk, if we even qualify. I am praying that all goes well for you. Enjoy your cruise! I am so jealous!
Woooo hooooooooooooooooo! I <3 cruising. What an awesome trip. So excited for you. You totally deserve it after what you have been through in 2009. YAY for Aetna too. Make sure you order sll your meds through Aetna Specialty Pharmacy so you just have to pay the copay. word to the wise though: Order early! And call and hound them to double check things. I was ready to rip my hair out this cycle. They are not the most expeditious when it comes to getting meds out in the mail.
Yay!!!! A vacation will be sooo fabulous for you guys!
Awesome news about insurance! It sounds like it makes lots of sense. It will cut close, but you should be able to do it - when is your period due?? Make sure you're your nurse is on top of getting that insurance approval though! They can push it through if they are diligent about it. My first cycle we had Aetna and we still ordered through Freedom, so I'm not sure what your plan wants you to do,but you'll check it out.
Good luck!!!
Yay for new insurance! I know you will love the cruise! We went on one in May last year to Bermuda and just loved it!
Just the cruise ship looks amazing- I'm sure you'll have a great time! What a great gift for the two of you!
Yay for new insurance that covers IF treatments! Even more YAYS for vactions! How fun for you guys! Hope everything works out for your January cycle. Good luck!
2010 sounds like it's going to be good for you already :)
That really is cutting it close. I pray that it all works out and you get on the January cycle. It is really awesome you get to pull out of the shared risk and get assistance from your insurance. You're very blessed indeed!
Yeah for the cruise!!! We did a 7 day one, too, and loved every minute of it. I hope that the insurance approval comes thru in time for you to get in a cycle before you go.
Post a Comment