Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shrimp Ceviche

This yummy recipe reminds me of what we ate when we were on the beach in Cozumel.

If you love shrimp and spicy, you won't be disappointed.


Ingredients

• 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
• 1 cup fresh lime juice (I used about 6-7 limes)
• 10 plum tomatoes, diced (I used 3-4 vine tomatoes)
• 1 large yellow onion, diced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or to taste (if you love spicey, use at least 2 jalepenos)
• 2 avocados, diced (optional)
• chopped fresh cilantro to taste
• salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Cook shrimp and chop up (careful not to overcook) and put in large mixing bowl. 
2. Squeeze fresh lime juice and add to shrimp. 
3. Add the plum tomatoes, onion and jalapeno (and avocados, if using) to mixture
4. Add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently to mix.

This is served BEST with Tostititos Lime chips!

10 comments:

Shanel said...

yeah... you really should come and stay with me... just so I can enjoy your yummy food... I'm so making this the first chance I get.. hope you enjoy your weekend:)

Gosfam said...

Oh my goodness--I want this today!! My friend used to make this all the time when we lived in Cali, and I miss it. Thanks for the recipe

Anonymous said...

Just printed it out. We love spicy!

Kim said...

I love ceviche...Definately going to give this a try over the weekend! Thanks!

Shanan said...

All I can say is, "YUM!" It is so good and I'm so glad you put the recipe on here. I think I'm gonna have to make it soon!!!

Simply Mel said...

My husband would love this dish!

Found you on Trendy and now your 100th follower! :)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Oh my mouth is watering right now. Ike LOVES ceviche. Enjoy!

Christy said...

That looks wonderful. I'll give it to my hubby to cook :-) ... I can't cook worth anything!

I'm a new follower from NFF!

Anonymous said...

this looks great! althougth i prefer my ceviche
raw and almost pickled by the onions and vinegar.

it's a good recipe for the ones who cannot do raw food!

thank you!

Baby On Mind said...

I'm a huge fan of shrimp, and that looks delicious!