Thursday, July 15, 2010

IVF #3 RESULTS

I went in for my beta test yesterday morning and told the nurse to call our home number and leave the results on our answering machine and we would check it when we got home.  I didn't even POAS during the whole 2WW!!   

I was nervous the whole day!  Then when we got home, you would think that checking that answering machine would have been the first thing we did, but it wasn't.  I could see the flashing message light and it just made it even more nerve racking!  We decided we would change out of our work clothes because we wanted to be comfortable when we hear the news.  LOL.

Finally, we changed and went down stairs and hit the play button on the answering machine. 

We heard our lovely nurse's voice and I could tell she was smiling from ear to ear.

Our beta #1 came back at 761!  I don't think I've ever had a first beta that high (or any betas that high!). We just held each other, in our comfy clothes, and cried tears of joy!  We go back on Friday for Beta #2.

Our hearts are full of love and gratitude to all of you who have offered prayers on our behalf.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who hears our prayers and has blessed us immensely on this journey.  We are far from being out of the woods so I ask you to continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue on this journey. 

*** Disclaimer to all my real life friends - Please do not tell anyone or mention it on my FB wall.  Because if YOU start telling people and something happens, YOU will be responsible for following up with them!  So, you may then ask if I don't want people to know, why post about it on my blog??  Well, because I have wonderful blogging friends who have supported me on this journey and I want to share with them to give them HOPE. This is not an easy journey and we need all the hope and prayers we can get.  Please respect my wishes. Love you all!!***

54 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME news! Praying for more good news to follow. :)

"Jay" said...

761??? That is an awesome beta! Great News!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW this was your month. Congratulations!!
This news made my day and as you said, gives me hope.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is amazing! I have such high hope for you this cycle, it looks like it's all coming true! I will be anxiously awaiting your updates. And, wow, I'm very impressed that you were able to resist POAS!

highheeledlife said...

when we were waiting for news on our Embryos - hubby and I delayed hearing the message as long as possible... without knowing we retain our hope! When we heard we had 5 we were over the moon with excitement... the road to find a hosting home for them now begins.

I'm am over the moon for you and your news! keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ...Blessings HHL

christina said...

Congratulations!!! That is a great number, I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear what your second beta is!

Many prayers for you and the little bambino!!

snhg1129 said...

So so happy for you! Congrats!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I have been waiting in suspense to hear your results! I am so happy for you guys and what a fabulous beta number!

Christa said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about the second beta on Friday!

Circus Princess said...

Hoooorrrraaaayy!!! I'm so excited to hear this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yenta Mary said...

Continuing the good thoughts and wishes and hopes for you ... :)

Amanda said...

Woo-hoo!!! So excited for you!!! Praying for a wonderfully doubling second number on Friday.

How. on. earth. did you manage to NOT POAS??? You are officially my hero. ;-)

Mrs. Farmer said...

Oh Hannah how WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats! And holy cow on that Beta!! Dang Girl!! Sending you loads of Love and Hugs!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is so EXCITING! I've been praying for you and will keep praying for numbers that keep going up and up!

xoxoxo

Delenn said...

This is such wonderful, wonderful news for such a wonderful person! So very happy for you!!

One Who Understands said...

YES!! I had a really good feeling about this cycle. I have been wondering when you would be getting your beta. I am so very happy for you. The Lord does answer our prayers. Enjoy, you are pregnant!

JJ said...

OVER THE MOON for you! Lots of prayers were being said (and continue to be)--you all so deserve this!

Tracey said...

I'm in tears!! So so happy for you!!! What a powerhouse beta level - woo hoo!!!!!

Katy said...

Congratulations!!!! Praise God! Continued prayers for you, Hannah!

Nick and Kristi said...

Big Congrats!!!!Lots of Miracles have been happening lately:) Sounds like twins with that high Beta:)

Nick and Kristi said...

Oh I guess I should say this is my first visit to your site...I seen your blog on one of the other girls site....I am newly prego myself 7wks5days after having 4 miscarriages in this past year....take care:) and god bless!!!

Life Happens said...

THANK YOU all for the well wishes. I feel loved! Thank you!!!

Jen J. said...

omg omg omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg....I'm emailing you NOW!!!!!!!!!! I am so over the moon excited & happy for you!!!!! You have been so patient & faithful & look what God has blessed you with!!! I am so extremely happy for you guys & after you get past the next couple of weeks, we should def do dinner or something like we had talked about!! xoxoxoxox

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Congrats and best wishes to you and those embies.

Hillary said...

EEKKK!! So thrilled for you Hannah! I will continue to pray that the embryo(s) continue to grow and you have excellent betas. Praising God for this miracle!

Kim said...

Hannah!!!!!!!! I have tears of joy for you and Steve!!! I have been praying for you everyday and wondering when we would hear about your first beta!!!! I pray that those numbers keep rising and this is IT! I love happy endings, they make my heart melt. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Gosfam said...

Oh I am so excited for you!! I hope things continue to progress--Love, Prayers, and Hugs!!

Erick and Kristen Cedeno, and Abbi too! said...

That is AWESOME!! Congratulations!!! God is good....all the time!!! I can't wait to read about the 2nd beta on Friday!! Good luck!!

Krystal said...

Congratulations!! That is *awesome* news!

Mugsy said...

I have been anxiously awaiting your beta! So happy for you!

Fran said...

Ohhhh I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy!! this is a great news!!! i knew it would be it for you! What a fantastic news, it made my date together with Elvis!

K said...

congratulations :) I've been following along on your journey. I pray that you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

..Soo.See.. said...

Omg!!! Woot woot!!!! Sending vibes for a higher beta on Friday!!

ap said...

I can't tell you how happy this makes me....tears in my eyes! Great first number! I am so incredibly happy for you guys...and can't wait to follow you on your journey. I'll be looking for that post on Friday! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I will continue to pray that things go well. What awesome news!! God is sooo good.

Marla said...

OMG!!!! Big time congrats! I see multiples in your future! Tee-hee! :)

Kristy K said...

That is awesome news!!!!!!!! I can't stop smiling! I have been praying for you since I found your blog and I will keep on praying! Hugs to you!

Katie Olthoff said...

I have no idea what that means, but you sound happy so congrats!

Anonymous said...

I put you on the prayer roll on June 26. You and Steve deserve this!
K

One Blessed Momma! said...

Oh so exciting!! Congrats you two! My prayer are with you that this will stick!! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I just started following your blog but after reading your story the other day and that this was your 3rd IVF try, I've been praying for you. I am soo happy for you and your spouse! What a blessing!

Mrs.Joyner said...

Yay for a high beta (Im thinking two!?) This makes my day..you deserve this so much!! Can't wait to hear the number tomorrow!!

Shanan said...

I am so happy for you. I'll be praying that all will go well tomorrow too. Yay for you guys!!!

Adam and Julia said...

Yay!!!! I am so excited for you. I think there is more than one in there for sure. Way to go momma. I can't wait to hear more about your numbers. Congrats!

Lindsay Logic said...

How exciting! I just said a little prayer! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here in a random hotel in Missouri with tears in my eyes. Big huge tears of joy! I'm so thrilled. I don't have words. Congratulations! Praying for the next 9 months are smooth sailing and wonderful!

Saige said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I have been on tender hooks waiting for this post.

CONGRATS!!!!

Your post was killing me, so I scrolled down until I found the results because I was dying to know. Now I have to go back and read it all. lol

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

*daning around in my desk chair* Oh yeah, and telling everyone around me who will listen. :D

Saige said...

P.S. I just knew braiding my dog's hair for you would work because it did for Fran. ;)

Justina said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to hear today's numbers!

Birdie said...

HOLY COW! HANNAH!
AWESOME BETA! I'm thinking twins! I am so incredibly excited and happy to see you and the hubs blessed with an AWESOME strong number!

ps Thank you so much for the card and well wishes, it certainly helps to know we aren't alone on this journey.

Jenna said...

YAY!!!!!! Congrats! I've been waiting to hear news and I'm so happy for you! :)

Christina said...

congrats to you two. just happen to drop by from Friday blog hop:). God's best to both of you

Gina said...

Amazing to wait so long! Congrats to you! Can't wait to hear the doubling numbers!