Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Hello Kitty Birthday!

We celebrated Abbey's 7th birthday on Saturday. 
(Her real bday is Aug. 6)

We had two parties.  One in the morning with some of her friends from church and then another one in the afternoon with just family. 

She wanted a Hel.lo Kit.ty theme so I decorated with pink/gream colors with matching party hats, plates and napkins. 

My sister in law made the funfetti cake.  It was very yummy!

I made pink/green flower pom poms and had matching balloons.
(Super easy to make the pom poms.  You can you.tube it and get step by step instructions).

The girls with their serious faces.

The girls with their SILLY faces.

Our birthday present to her was this waterslide.  It has three slides! 
They had so much fun on it.  I wish they made big water slides for adults!


Make a wish!

Me and my Abbey!
This is the only picture I have with her from the whole day. It was a crazy, fun filled day!

Abbey had so much fun and was exhausted at the end of the night.
It's hard to believe she is now 7!  Steve and I were reflecting on how it seems like yesterday when she was just a baby!  She is growing up way too fast.

I am grateful to have such a sweet niece who plays such a big role in our lives.  She has brought so much joy and happiness into our home.  I love her to pieces!!

13 comments:

Fran said...

What a fab party!! i want one too!!

Circus Princess said...

WOW, I want a slide like THAT!! Your relationship with your niece is amazing, I wish I lived closer to my nephew, it makes me miss him so much reading about your fun-filled day :)

Kim said...

How fun! You hosted a terrific party for her - love the slides!!!! Where does the time go?!

highheeledlife said...

What a great party! I loved the serious and silly pictures of the girls. The picture of you and Abbey is so darling!! what beautiful memories you are creating together!! Happy Birthday Abbey...HHL

JJ said...

So fun! Love all the pictures--Im sure she had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Birthday party! You are a wonderful Aunt. I love the water slide you gave her. It looks like so much fun!

Amaprincess said...

What a great birthday! Loved the cake and decorations!!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Looks like an amazing party!!!! She is so blessed to have you as her amazing Auntie!

Nick and Kristi said...

What a fun and special party:) You are a great Auntie!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pom poms look so awesome! I love silly face pictures...haven't done one of them in a long time. Looks like the whole day was a blast!!!

Lindsay Logic said...

What a cute party- Looks like you had a ton of fun!

Saige said...

Happy Birthday Abbey!

I love the waterslides! It looks like so dang much fun. Why don't they make those for adults?

It looks like the day was filled with fun and love.

Jen J. said...

You are the best auntie EVER! That party looks amazing & the water slides look great! I bet you niece is so thankful to have you in her life. :) You are gonna be an awesome mama!