I have been working from home all week and it's been really nice. I still have the pressure in my belly and it's worst at the end of the day (from sitting in my home office all day). I could lay down during the day, but I have so much work to do, that I just keep plugging away. By time Steve gets home I'm pretty much out of commission. I went to church on Sunday and by the third hour the pressure was very uncomfortable. I left early and came home and just laid down for the rest of the evening. I think from now on, I will most likely only attend the first hour, sacrament meeting only (yes, we have three hour church every Sunday).
My husband has really had to take on more of the housework and he does it without complaining. I feel guilty for not being able to do more, but I do as much as my body will let me. There's so much that needs to be done around the house and by the time he gets home, I know he's exhausted, but he still does a little bit each night to help out. So if you stop by my house and it looks like a hurricane came through, you'll know we've been busy with other priorities (aka making sure baby doesn't come out earlier than he needs to!)
The baby isn't very active, but every time I feel him move, it just warms my heart! I keep praying that he stays snuggled inside for at least the next 12 weeks (I will be 36 wks by then). I can't wait to go back on Friday to see him again and hopefully my cervix will be better by then.
I'm thankful for friends who call or email me to check in on us. Especially grateful for those who have offered to bring us dinner. We are grateful for your generosity and thoughtfulness. It means so much to us.
Thanks to my blogging friend Saige, for sending me these books and the snot sucker for baby! She sent me The Baby Sleep Solution and The Happiest Baby on the Block. I can't wait to read them!
6 comments:
Keeping you in my thoughts that he stays baking in there longer.
Your husband sounds amazing. Just hang in there!
I can't believe how far along you are already :0) I can totally relate to the feeling of pressure. I had the same thing while I was pregnant. Mine was SUPER uncomfortable. What might help for your job (if you're mostly at a desk) is being able to recline and put your feet up - this helped me a lot. Thankfully my employer was very accommodating. Put a laptop on your lap or find some way to put the keyboard and mouse on your lap. I put my feet up on a stool. It helped me a lot anyway.
Happy Holidays Hannah!
I know it's hard, but it will all be worth it!!
Happiest Baby on the Block is my favorite! I've never seen that snot sucker, but I think we need it!
Hang in there girl!! =)
Hannah...I know how hard it is to walk away from duties but just put more faith in others that things will be taken care of when you allow others to do for you :~) I know that at times it's harder to be on the "receiving" end when all this time, you've been on the giving end. You've done so much for others and I know that you still want to do more for others but sometimes you'll be amazed if you just let it be. Again, I'm available everyday after twelve if you need for me to do anything. Ethan's done with school by twelve so if you need for me to run errands, grocery, mailing, cook, clean or take you to the doctors...anything to take some pressure off of you and Steve. I know that my sister would do anything for you if she was close so I'm here ~I can't replace Martha but I can help. Trust me, when I was carrying Ethan, I did not realize how important it was for me to take it easy until he was born early. I too did not take advantage of all the help that was available...I'm really grateful for such a supportive husband and daughter and niece and other family members. Call me any time :~)
happiest baby on the block seriously was my life saver!!
hang in there, you're doing great.
Oh i heard great things about that Happt babiest on the Block book- I sure hope its filled with lots of great and useful advice!
I know it must be so hard to be restricted, how wonderful that Steve has stepped in to help out. Sometimes it's hard to allow others to help us, we feel like we should be doing it all, but just think this is probably one of the few times in your life you get to receive, even if it's forced...so let it be, I am sure it's Steve pleasure to take care of momma & baby bear. :)
xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment