Little Boy: "Why isn't it yellow?"
Me: "Well, sometimes it's clear"
Little Boy: "My pee is always yellow"
Me: "Sometimes, girls pee clear and not yellow"
Little Boy: "oh"
That was my conversation with a little boy at the play area in the mall earlier this week. A little girl had peed on one of the airlplanes that the kids were climbing all over. Abbey and I were trying to keep the kids away after the father of the little girl picked her up and took her away to get her cleaned up and just left the mess there!
Meanwhile, all the other parents were oblivious that their kids were running through pee. Some of them even gave me evil looks because they thought it was MY kid that peed in the play area! Finally a security guard came and was able to call the clean up crew.
I booked out of there with Matthew and Abbey. Mall play areas are a big old germ petri dish! Parents let their kids run wild and don't even pay attention to them. I was so afraid someone was going to knock Matthew over! I'm not a germ phobe, and I will still let Matthew play, but will definitely make sure I sanitize his hands afterwards!
Matthew loves the carousel at the mall. If he could, he would probably ride it all day.

6 comments:
too funny! I can't tell you all the things Adam's said to me regarding pee and private parts - not blog appropriate! But trust me, in a couple of years, that conversation will just be a part of everyday life!
EW! That makes me mad that other parents looked at you as if Matthew did it. Like, really? You're going to let him piss all over himself and the play area and just let him keep playing? So annoying.
My daughter loves them too. We spend so many dollars on that silly ride. Hope you have a happy weekend.
I just recently read several articles about our germaphobe society. It was very interesting. Doctors are finding that children that live in very clean environments have much higher rates of sickness and allergies. If your child is not immune compromised exposure to germs helps to strengthen their immune system. The article talked about a doctor who puts cheerios on his office floor for his toddler to crawl around and eat and expose them to germs. Not saying your child should climb through pee, but the articles were very eye opening.
Oh wow that's gross. Love hate relationship with those play areas. After our RSV/bronchiolitis hospital stay in January thanks to a Chick-fil-a one I avoid them as much as I can. But sometimes the weather isn't good for outside and you don't have any other options.
Those pictures on the carousel are adorable!!
Happy Mothers Day!!
Eeeewwww!!!! Hilarious conversation! Such cute pics - he had such a good time!!!
Post a Comment