when I dropped my baby off at preschool today!
(That's because I shed all my tears last night in preparation for today).
Things weren't working out with his new babysitter so we thought it was time to put him in preschool. It's what's best for him in the long run...
to be around other kids,
to be in a structured environment,
to work on his social and development skills,
and to learn how to share (all the germs and sickness).
When we arrived at the preschool this morning, I walked him into his classroom and helped him with his jacket and then I had to kiss him bye. He started to cry and screaming 'mommy'. (Broke my heart). I finished up some paperwork at the front desk and asked the Director to bring his extra clothes/diapers back into his classroom. I waited for her to return and asked her how Matthew was doing. She said he was still crying a little, but there were tears. And there was a little girl next to him patting his hand. Isn't that sweet?! I'm hoping he will make lots of new friends.
As I sit here in my office blogging working (and worrying myself sick about how Matthew's doing), I keep waiting to hear the pitter patter of his feet running to my office and his little head pop up through the french doors, I miss him SO much!
This will be an adjustment for Matthew and for momma!

7 comments:
Awww! I feel for you! I'm hoping he's having a good day though. In a few weeks I will be taking M to daycare p/t in preparation to go back to work and the thought makes me cry too....
oh yes. i clearly remember those days...looking every 5 minutes at the clock and wondering how things are going.....good luck to both of you!!! btw...preschool is fun!
It will be an adjustment for sure! I hope you both adjust sooner rather than later (he'll probably have an easier time than you do)! I miss my Tot while I'm at work too, but it's not a place I associate with seeing him. Maybe you will be able to finish up a little faster and pick him up early! GOOD LUCK!
He is definitely old enough to enjoy a school setting and friends. My almost 8 YO still asks to visit her caregiver (she went to daycare in a family friend's home until she was 4) because she loves and misses her. It's always rough to start something new, but I'm sure everyone will be happy in the long run.
Matthew looks totally adorable!! GQ baby all the way. He is growing up ... xo Hang in there..Hugs, C. (HHL)
Hi Hana,
I run an early childhood program which you so generously shared your sock monkey party stuff with (thanks again). I speak from experience that given the right time, environment & teacher Matthew will thrive at preschool.
Adjusting to any new environment will take a little time. I hope Matthew & Mommy adjust quickly. Before you know it, he will be running in to great all of his friends. Hang in there in the mean time.
Take care,
Florence
Oh my gosh, cutest little preschooler around!!
xo TJ
Post a Comment