Friday, August 8, 2014

37 Weeks



I know these pregnancy postings may be boring, but this blog is also used as a life journal for our family.  It's amazing how many times I've had to go back to my blog to look up an event or date.  I'm so glad I have a record of our family. 

Here we are, 37 weeks today!!  Wow!

It always seems like time flies by during the pregnancy and then toward the end, it just slows down!  At least that what it feels like because at this point, you just want the baby to come out!

We have a C-section scheduled for Aug 22nd (which will be 39 weeks).  I begged to have it sooner, but the dr said there was no medical reason to do it sooner.  In my (non-medical) opinion, the feeling of someone stabbing my hands over and over is reason enough to get baby out! Or just the overall uncomfortable feeling toward the end of the pregnancy.  I know, I know, it could be worst.  I try not to complain too much and just pray that baby will be healthy and happy.  I would rather be the one in pain than have my baby in pain. 

We had measurements done last week and Baby Kate is now 6 lbs 8 ounces.

Still waiting to put the finishing touches on baby's nursery.  Matthew loves climbing into her crib and pretend he's a baby.  I'm hoping he won't climb in there when she's in it!

Only two more weeks untill baby comes!  I'm hoping she will come sooner!




7 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, that went so fast! August 22nd will be here before you know it!

PS: I use my own blog to look up things/events too. I know exactly what you mean.

highheeledlife said...

So happy for you my friend. I know my visiting your beautiful is long over due , but things have been so busy on this end. You look so healthy and can't wait to see photos of your newest blessing and addition to your family. Matthew must be so excited about becoming a big brother. Hugs and blessings, Celia M. (HHL)

Debbie said...

At the hospital I work at, they will not induce you or schedule a section before 39 weeks unless medically necessary. There is too much risk of the lungs not being fully developed. I'm sure you know many babies that were born before 39 weeks and were just fine - and so do I, but the medical community needs to err on the side of caution. Put your feet up and let you men (big and little) pamper you. The end is the worst. Hang in there - just a little longer!!

Delenn said...

You look amazing!! And I am glad you put these posts up--when you are not the one who is pregnant, you tend to forget how long/short it can be...for example, I cannot believe your daughter is almost here!

Baby On Mind said...

I can't believe she's coming already! I'm so excited for you and baby girl. You are looking fabulous and I can't wait to meet her.

*Jess* said...

I think your pregnancy flew by for me! Of course, I'm not the one with morning sickness, bed rest, or exhaustion! :) Good luck!

Jenny said...

Yay! Time flies doesn't it? I use my blog to look back at stuff too. I just need to get better at blogging lol.