I've dreaded this day for so long!
My first born started kindergarten on August 17th. It was a bitter sweet day. I never understood why mom's got so emotional when their kids started school and then I found myself in that situation and all the emotions of that day came flooding out.
He was so excited to start kindergarten and take the bus! He goes to before and after school care at the daycare center that he's been attending for the last few years. I was more nervous for him than he was! He told his daycare teacher, 'my mom's going to cry when I get on the bus.' He was right. My mama heart couldn't take it and I did lose it a bit (well, maybe a lot). Steve worked from home that day so we could see him off together (and to console me).
Here he is getting on the bus. He looked so happy and excited for his new adventure!
He survived his first day of kindergarten and I did too. I was SO excited to pick him up and hear all about his day.
It's been a little over a month since school has started and he's been doing really well. He still enjoys it and I still miss him all day. I love hearing about his day (even when I ask how his day was and his response is 'good').
I am so proud of him and how much he has grown. I look forward to many more milestones ahead. He makes being a mama such a joy.



1 comment:
OMG! Look at his wave and smile getting on the bus! I can't believe he is already in Kinder!
Post a Comment