Sunday, December 21, 2008

Career Change

After three years of being in Recruiting, I finally made the decision to get out of it. The last six months or so has just been unbearable. I was working way too many hours and there was no work/life balance at all. Poor Steve has had to endure all my complaining. I was just miserable and I knew I had to do something about it. I finally decided that it wasn't about the money anymore. I took a big pay cut and gave up my telecommuting two days a week.

I have accepted a position in Contracts within the same group. Although I recruited for Contracts positions, I really don't have a full understanding of the Contracts industry. So, this will be a learning adventure. I felt really good about this decision. There were many people at work who tried to talk me out of it. And at times, they made me doubt myself and my abilities, but I had to do what was best for me and my life.

I continue to pray for strength and hope that this new career change will provide me with the work/life balance that I need.

1 comment:

Rebecka said...

Wow Hannah. Good for you! It is such a scary thing to make those big life decisions. I'm sure you'll love and appreciate the balance that will come into your life from the change.