Friday, August 7, 2009

Abbey turns 6!

My niece, Abbey turned 6 on August 6. We threw her a small surprise party with some girls from her Primary class from church. She certainly is growing up fast. I remember when she was still inside her mom's belly and I could put my hand on her belly and feel Abbey kicking. I also remember talking to my sister in law about names and how they hadn't decided on one yet. That's when I suggested the name ABBEY.

Origin: Hebrew. Meaning: Diminutive of Abigail: Father rejoiced, or father's joy. Gives joy.

She certainly has brought a lot of joy into our lives!!

This is Abbey after we jumped out and yelled Surprise!

She was very happy to see her friends.

I asked Abbey what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and she said, 'Chocolate, with pink flowers and polka dots.' Erin, (my sister in law) at That Little Cake Place made the cake for Abbey. I gave her only a week's notice and it turned out great! Every princess castle has a dragon to guard it.

Making a wish and blowing out her candles!

One last picture with the dragon and Uncle Steve before bed time.

Here's a conversation I had with her recently:
Me: "Abbey, We love you and love having you around because you make us happy. You're special to us because Heavenly Father sent you here to help make us happy because we can't have a baby right now."
Abbey: "Why? I not new."
Me: "What do you mean you're not new?"
Abbey: "I not new like a new boy or new girl."

In her little innocent mind, she was thinking that Heavenly Father only sends new babies down to earth and because she wasn't a baby, she wasn't special or sent to make us happy.

I love this little girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you know some of my friends. I know the VA/DC area is pretty big, but I would imagine the LDS community is pretty small. Do you know the Browns, the Horners or the Bluths? I know, kind of random question. But w/ Mormons, the world gets much smaller.

Life Happens said...

Babyincredible - You're right, D.C. area is pretty big, and when it comes to the mormon community, it can get smaller. However, the only Browns I know are Max and Sally and they now live in UT. But I met you if we dig deep enough, I might know someone who knows someone, who knows your friends. :)