Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Injection Class and Li.quid G.old


We had our injection class today and it took an hour and a half! There were two other women in the class with us (Steve was the only spouse who came along). We had to sit through each person's instructions, that's why it took so long. I kept wondering why the two other ladies didn't bring their spouses. Maybe they were going to be injecting themselves? Who knows! But I'm glad Steve was there with me because there was a lot to remember and my memory is terrible when it comes to instructions!

It wasn't all new to us since we did four previous IUI cycles. We've had plenty of experience with the subcutaneous shots (in the belly). The only thing we really needed to learn was the inter muscular injection (aka, the shot in the butt)! The nurse told us to carry around a Sharpie in my purse because when it's time for me to take the trigger medicine, they will draw a circle on my butt so we know where to inject the shot. Nice! (Side note, I recently went back to school shopping for Abbey and had a coupon for Sharpies for a penny! I bought six of them! Needless to say, I won't have a shortage of Sharpies).

When we got home tonight, we had a special delivery (no not that kind). There was a box left at our front door. And this was what's in side:

All of our meds for this first cycle!! We found out that the insurance covers up to $2,500 a year for IVF drugs (but they don't cover the procedure, go figure). So our copay for all this loot was only $224.49. That's a steal for all this li.quid G.OLD! But we figured we probably came close, if not maxed out on the allowable $$.

So, when I'm done injecting myself (or more like Steve injecting me) with all this li.quid g.old, hopefully it'll pay dividends!

2 comments:

Neve Steinberg said...

Oh, Hannah, this looks terrifying to me!

You are so brave!

Mali said...

Hannah,
I hope that the shots will not hurt so much. You will be the best mother ever!! Good luck with the shots and hope that it will be a successful cycle.
Love,
Mali