Thursday, September 17, 2009

Trigger Time

We are triggering tonight at 11:00 PM.

The nurse drew a circle on my bottom (just like the picture above) so Steve will know where to inject me.  I am not looking forward to this shot because the needle is much longer (since it's an inter muscular shot).  So in thirty six hours after the shot (Saturday at 11 am) we are scheduled to go to Rockville for the egg retrieval. If all goes well, we may go in on day three (Tuesday) or day five (Thursday) for the Embryo transfer.  I'm hoping for Thursday so I can have the whole weekend to really take it easy and relax. If it's on Tuesday, then I will work from home the rest of the week.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday and that I don't have to do shots or go in for  U/S BW tomorrow!  Yay!!  

5 comments:

jen @ the inspiration studio said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I really appreciated your comment (I'm the girl with the fruit bouquet!) I hope this round works for you and that you are blessed with a baby soon. I admire how positive you've been about this journey. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

Hillary said...

Love the picture. :)

So excited your almost to the ER! Yay!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of blessings for you!

ap said...

I promise...the shot doesn't even hurt (well...at least for me). I didn't know my husband had even put it in and I was fussing at him to hurry up and get it over with. I only wish you the best. Such an exciting time!

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm very familiar with the intramuscular injections and I promise you, they aren't as bad as you think they will be. I was freaked out the first time too, but it wasn't bad at all.

Let me know when you go in for your retrieval....they'll probably put you on bedrest for a day or two afterwards....I can bring some dinner over for the two of you....Thai or whatever you feel like!