Friday, March 12, 2010

PreVacation Stress


Why is getting ready for vacation so stressful??!!

I've been running around all this week getting last minute things for our trip.  Trying to finish up work stuff so I can hopefully leave early today to finish packing.  I'm worried that I won't pack enough or too much or I'll forget something really important! 

Tomorrow will be a busy day too.  I have to take Abbey to ballet (which I love) and then pick up a friend at the airport, then we're going to a charity dinner.  I won't be home until late Saturday night and we have to leave super early on Sunday morning to get to the airport (1 1/2 hours away).  Which means I have to get up at 3:30 AM and out of the house by 5:00 AM.

Steve is doing much better from his staph infection.  He had to go see a surgeon to drain it completely.  He now has a big hole (literally) the size of a pencil eraser on his right thigh and a much smaller hole on his left thigh.  It's quite disgusting and I thought I was going to gag everytime I had to help him with it.  The good news is that he is clear to go on vacation, but he can't go in the water.  We are praying that he will heal much quicker and will be able to get in the water toward the end of the vacation.  Thank you all for your prayers.

I know all this stress will make the vacation much more enjoyable once I'm out of Dodge city!!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

You're right - the more stressed you are now, the more stress RELIEVED you'll be when you get to your vacation! Have a great time! Relax and forget about everything besides having a good time =)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I ALWAYS stress before vacation. Just remember you'll be able to relax wen you get on the plane.

So glad Steve is doing better. Have a fantastic time!!!!

Baby On Mind said...

I think we all stress out before out vacation, which makes it even sweeter when you actually get there. Glad Steve is doing better time. Have a fabulous time out there!

Saige said...

It always seems like getting to the vacation is the hardest part. It will all be totally worth it. Just keep the prize in sight.

Glad to hear Steve is doing better. I hope he heals quickly enough to get in the water by the end of the vacation too. Can he at least get in up to his knees?

Have a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

SO glad to hear your husband is doing better! So glad you didn't have to cancel your vacation, even if it is stressful getting ready. You'll have everything you need. No need to worry, it will all work out! Just think 2 days from now you'll be ON that vacation hopefully not worrying about a thing!

Circus Princess said...

Enjoy your vacation and keep the hubby out of the water :)

Jenna said...

Planning for vacation is always stressful. Have a great time though and hope your husband can get in the water soon! (and I don't blame you about being grossed out about his infection, I'd be the same way).