Even after the scary peri.natologist appointment, and hearing his opinion on dopplers, we decided to get one anyway. I thought I had my OB appointment tomorrow, but when I looked at my calendar, it's actually for next Thursday! I was bummed that I wasn't going to see Baby Vietitaly this week. So we decided to order it last night off A.mazon. Now I can at least hear the heartbeat on the weeks that I don't have an appt. It will bring much needed peace of mind!
(Imagine from A.mazon site. Sonoline B 3MHz Baby Fetal Heart Prenatal Doppler)

9 comments:
Oh Hannah that is so cool!! I would be the same way. If I was in your shoes that is. I hope you get it soon!!!
Very cool! We heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday. Yippee!!!! And I've started taking ginger capsuls which are SERIOUSLY helping with the morning sickness. I'm going to announce it on my blog very soon!
I choose not to get a Doppler b/c I know not finding a h/b early on would freak me out, but I know a lot of women who have gotten them & got much peace of mind from it.
Good for you! And you know that the HB can be tough to detect at this point so you won't freak out if you can't find it right away. I was crazy nervous until I felt kicks regularly and a Doppler could have helped.
I can sure see how that would aid in peace of mind! Great idea!
I got my doppler at about 10 weeks pregnant and I LOVED that thing. I used it every.single.day. Even after I could feel the baby move. It brought me peace of mind, and I didn't care how much my husband teased me about using it every day. I needed it to keep me calm. You're going to love it!
Enjoy your peace of mind purchase!
Don't blame at all for wanting one!
Yay for some peace of mind!
Post a Comment