Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Under Construction Shower

You are invited to view my final baby shower pictures.

When it came time to design my invitation, I turned to the very talented Mary from Bright Sunshine Designs.  She's the creative one behind my blog design too!  Mary is so easy to work with and so patient! 
She designed the invite, construction signs, candy bar wrappers and even the thank you cards. 
She did a fabulous job!!

The little construction signs were put around the different areas. 
Dig In = Food
Unload Here = Presents
Dip In = Chocolate fondue
Work Area = Kitchen

My best friend from AZ was the mastermind behind this shower and she had a lot of help from some of our closes friends!  I can't thank them enough for all the planning and preparation that went into it.  At the last minute, my AZ bestie could not make it out for the shower and we all missed her dearly, but she was with us in spirit.  She will be coming out in the Spring to meet baby Matthew. 

Warning: Lot's of pictures ahead!
(Thank goodness for collages)




Lots of belly rubs!



The food was absolutely delish!  I had friends from CA who flew out and cooked up a storm along with the hostess.  We had lots of (spicy) asian food.   

My very talented sister in law made the construction cake which looked absolutely fabulous!
It was so cute I didn't want to cut into it, but it was yummy. 
I don't think I took my blood sugar level that day!

Presents and more Presents!

We all had fun playing games too! 
My friend who was in charge of games did a wonderful job!

It really was the baby shower of the century! I was on cloud nine.
My heart oozed gratitude for everyone who came and made it special for me and baby Matthew!
I really am blessed to have such awesome girl friends!!

16 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a cute idea for a shower! I love it!!!

Looks like you have wonderful friends and had a great time!!!

stacey said...

Oh, Hannah! what a wonderful baby shower, that cake is adorable. I'm excited for you & Steve to have a little boy very soon. He sure has fabulous parents!

Amanda said...

I just adore your invites, decor, and cake!!! It all looks wonderful!

It looks like you were surrounded by love!

Alex said...

Your shower looks fabulous - very nice!

RELH said...

What an amazing shower!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable shower! I love that your bff is from AZ. one of my favorite places in the world! The cake was so cute.

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Super cute shower!

Tracy said...

Oh my, that has got to be one of the cutest ideas for a shower that I have ever seen! So cute!

Nick and Kristi said...

Wow that is one creative/grand shower:) So original...Love it!!!

You look fab and good for you getting to eat a little bit of that yummy cake:)

Marla said...

Look at all that amazing food! *tummy growls* And that cake is awesome! What talent! Looks like so much fun. Love your collages! So sad that your bestie had to miss it. Boo!

Glad the invites turned out well. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like one of the best showers I've ever seen. Food, decorations, everything. Just too perfect!

Chelle said...

How adorable! I love that you had Mary design your shower! She did my blog design too. I love that girl.

You are definitely one loved girl. I already knew you were sweet and amazing, but seeing all of the people and great things at your shower just proves it even more. You deserve all of this happiness Hannah. You have been through so much, and now it is your time to be on top of the wheel with a birds-eye view of the world.

Sending loads of love!

Kim said...

Wow it's all so impressive, the food, the icings, the theme...and you who I can barely tell is pregnant fom the head on shots!!! Wow, what a wonderful day filled with joy and love and what great friends who went out of their way and traveled to make it so special. Xoxoxox

That's Life said...

Cutest theme! LOVE the cake and decorations! How cool. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Stopping in from Kelly's Korner. Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you found the candy bar wrappers for the under construction baby shower?

Life Happens said...

The candy bar wrappers are from Bright Sunshine Designs (link in the post). I don't know if she's still actively designing though. You can also look on Etsy for TONS of candy bar wrappers. Good luck!