Friday, July 22, 2011

Matthew is 5 Months

He's actually 5 months and 6 days (but who's counting?)
I'm just a few days late with the posting.


My little pumpkin, you are growing, growing, growing!

I wish I knew how much you  weigh now, but it's hard to tell since you don't go back to the pediatrician until you are 6 months.  But since you weighed about 14lbs last month, I'm going to guess and say you probably weight about 16 lbs (although when I'm carrying you in the carseat, it feels like you weight about 25 lbs!)


You are in size 2 diapers and size 6-9 month clothes.  Although mommy still squeezes you into size 3 month sleepers and they still fit somewhat (as long as you don't stretch your legs - ha!)

You are still sleeping through the night.  Yay!  You go down about 9:00 pm and get up around 5:30 am for a feeding, then snuggle into bed with mommy. 

You take naps through out the day and Miss Melanie (babysitter) is so good at getting you to nap!


You are rolling all over the place!  And you can lift your upperbody up (not just your head, like before). You are slowly able to push yourself backwards.  Pretty soon you will be crawling!  Mommy is not ready for that!


You are sitting in your bumbo and it's so nice to have you 'sit' at the dinner table with us. 
You started to laugh out loud and it's music to my ears when you laugh!
You have also started to 'talk' (aka, baby yap).  It's so funny to hear you yap.  Mommy tries to yap along with you!  Daddy says I'm pretty good at yapping.


You are reaching for toys in front of you and in your carseat. 
You are still drooling and love sticking your fingers in your mouth.  You even try to stick your fingers in your mouth AND your bottle at the SAME time!


You have the cutest smile!  It lights up my heart to see your beautiful smile.
Strangers will smile at you and you smile right back!


I can't stand to be away from you and even miss you when you are sleeping in the next room!


We love you so much pumpkin!
Thank you for giving me reason to get up every morning.
I count my blessings every.single.day because of you!

8 comments:

Alex said...

What a fabulously happy post - love this! He's so incredibly cute! Can't believe it's 5 months already...

Fran said...

He's growing so much! Adorable!!

Than4Keeps said...

Enjoy the ride...wait until he is able to put his foot into his mouth :~) I love all the rolls on his arms and his legs...can't wait to squeeze them! He is just so precious...I know how you feel about missing him every seconds of the day. Have a great weekend!

Kari said...

What a gorgeous little love muffin!! And 5 months already?!?! Time is flying!!

highheeledlife said...

He is so adorable!!! It's been awhile since I have commented but I have popped in for visits. These are such beautiful photos!! xo HHL

Anonymous said...

Matthew is so freakin CUTE! He is one happy baby maybe it's because he is loved to pieces.

Keep up the awesome posts and pictures you inspire me. I currently suck and taking her picture.

Tessa said...

Matthew has the most precious smile! I seriously find myself grinning from ear to ear just looking at those pictures.

What a blessing!

MJ said...

I cannot believe he is so old already! I feels like yesterday you were announcing a pregnancy :)) I could not be happier for your family, Matthew truly is a little blessing. His smile is utterly precious! And I love these monthly posts, when he gets older I hope he can go through them :))