Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hair Cut

Matthew needed a hair cut, badly!
I attempted.
Do you know how hard it is to cut a squirmy 7month old's hair?
It was all in his eyes. (Wish I had taken a before picture).


Steve held him while I snipped away.
He was tired (Matthew, not Steve) so he just was not in the mood.
I did the best I could, then when he fell asleep (which didn't take long) I was able to keep snipping away.


Since he's had his first haircut, he looks like such a big boy! 
My baby is growing up.


I am leaving tomorrow to go to Arizona for a girl's weekend.  I thought about bringing Matthew, but it probably wouldn't be much of a girls weekend with a baby.  This will be my second time leaving Matthew, but I know he's in good hands.  I'll miss him like crazy! 

And while I'm in AZ, I'm going to meet up with a blogging friend! I've met so many wonderful people through this blog and I use it to document all of Matthew's milestones (especially since I have yet to start on his scrapbook!).  Thank you to all who are still reading and following our journey (if there's anyone left). 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

13 comments:

Kim said...

Nice job on the haircut!! I can't imagine how difficult that was, while sleeping seems like the perfect time!

Enjoy your girls weekend trip! Matthew will be in good hands. :)

Chelle said...

Oh Hannah, I can't help but laugh at that first picture. Mostly because I am sure it would look the same if I did it. I don't think I will ever be brave enough to cut my daughter's hair.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Bethany said...

Have a great time in Arizona!! You will return home refreshed and ready to be an amazing mom again. I hope you'll share about your weekend so that we can enjoy it through your memories!

Circus Princess said...

I don't want to cut Bubba's hair for that reason, he does look like such a handsome big boy :) Bubba has the same monkey pjs!

Kendra said...

Your little guy has more hair than my 8 month old! Mine needs to grow some hair! To answer your question about the animated pictures on my blog, I used photoshop to make the slideshow. I just layered the pictures and set them to a timer.

Anonymous said...

That first pic is HILARIOUS !! Thanks for posting it. :) He is a DOLL.

Alex said...

I'm so very impressed that you cut his hair yourself! I would have butchered it bigtime!!!

Jessica said...

Matthew's facial expressions are priceless! He's gonna be a star someday! Well, I'm pretty sure he already is one. :)

Jessica said...

Oh, and thanks for the support for our adoption! It means a lot!

simplyvonne said...

you did a great job mommy on his first haircut..I have been trimming K's hair too and it's not the greatest but will do =)

Have a great time in AZ!

Anonymous said...

He is precious! Enjoy your girls weekend. It is good to have a little time just for you. Our last duty station was in AZ. I loved it!! It holds a special place in my heart.

Chrissyb said...

OMG what a cutie! thanks for following! Following you back!

Unknown said...

Found you on Trendy Treehouse Friday Follow. Saw these pictures and had to comment on how adorable he is. His expressions gave me a little giggle. So cute. And I am IN LOVE with your blog design by the way! Very pretty.