Thursday, March 1, 2012

Matthew's 1st Birthday {Part 3}

I did a smash cake photo shoot with Matthew a week before his birthday party.
Here is the smash cake someone at church made for Matthew.
Cute little monkey on top!

Matthew showing you how old he is...


The whole photoshoot lasted about 5 minutes! 
(That's how long it took for him to get over the whole cake smashing thing).

This is my favorite shot....daddy going in for a piece of cake. 
He wasn't about to let it go to waste!

Okay, back to pictures from the party.  I think we had about 80-90 people (maybe more/less) who came to celebrate Matthew's big day.  But based on the lack of pictures that were taken of guests, you would think no one came to his party! 

Here he is with my mom, Steve parents and some friends.


We love our baby boy! I just love his little face in this picture.

As you can imagine, all that partying wiped us Matthew out! 
He was too tired to open presents so we did it the next day.  Matthew loved all his toys (can't you tell in that first picture below??)  He also got some cute clothes for church and Spring/Summer.

This concludes the final installment of the best 1st birthday party ever for the cutest baby ever!
The first year of raising Matthew has been such a blessing.  Thank you all for joining us on this journey.
(Matthew's next BIG party will be when he turns 16!  I've got some time to plan).

Click here for {Part 1} and {Part 2}

10 comments:

Laurie said...

wow! it looks like you guys had such a good time celebrating! i give you credit for having that many people over for a party. i bet you are exhausted after that! (that cake looks way to cute to smash too!)

happy birthday (again) to mr. matthew!

ps: i tagged you in a post over on my blog today! come check it out: http://www.love-laurie.com/2012/03/tag-youre-it.html

have a great weekend!
laurie

Cranberry Morning said...

Are those the most darling photos or what!! Thanks for sharing the sweet little guy's birthday party with us. ♥

Jen J. said...

wow, the party looked fab! So happy for y'all & happy belated birthday to your cutie!!

his little lady said...

oh gosh, the photobooth session, the cake, the balloons, the jack in the box sock monkey. i can't get over all the tiny details. so very beautiful!!
xo TJ

Sean Marie said...

Those photos are so cute! I'm in ove with that cake and Matthew's cute little face!

Jessica White said...

Awesome! Did you use wrapping paper for your back drop?

prettymeggy said...

he's so cute!!! and he really like being photographed!!! i love everything you did for his 1st bday... it was amazing and i'm sure for the next party will be the same :)

myinfertilitywoes said...

Oh my gosh - I just went through and caught up on his birthday party and I have to say - you are incredibly creative!!! I can't get over all you did. I love the monthly pics and how you put those picture things in the cupcakes. The whole thing was amazing - the canvas from cost.co, etc... love it!

So glad you are happy and enjoying Matthew being 1! Congrats!!

And thanks for all your love and support for me recently. I really appreciate it. (((hugs)))

simplyvonne said...

omgosh 80-90 ppl??? wow ! no wonder you were stressed!! hehe well you did a fab job dear! ours was about 25-30 people so it was pretty small. :)

Nicole said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you guys had such a great party. What a great idea to have a cake smashing photo shoot prior to the party!