Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend, Then Back to Work

My best friend came into town for Easter weekend.  I was so excited for her to meet Matthew!  We had a great time hanging out and catching up (and of course, loving on baby Matthew)!  I wished she lived closer or better yet, move back to VA!  But that won't be happening anytime soon so I will just have to plan a trip to go and visit her out west. 



We bought Matthew a swing and he LOVES it.  We purchased the Gra.co Snuggle Bunny swing because it had good reviews. I love the big bunny ear pillow!  It has a little mobile and 'mirror' that he stares at to see himself.  I've seen him looking into the mirror and smiling!  Matthew has been smiling more and I get sooo excited when he does. 

Here he is with his Easter basket my friend bought him.  The Easter headband belongs to Abbey, from when she was a baby, that I bought for her.  I've kept it all these years and couldn't wait for Matthew to wear it.




I returned to work on Monday, part-time (for two weeks, then full-time), and it was a little overwhelming trying to catch up with everything and all the changes.  I had a lady from church come in on Monday to watch Matthew for a few hours.  She was great with him.  He is easy to watch now because he pretty much eats, sleeps, and poops so she spent a lot of time just reading.  But when he was awake, she would hold him and rock him back to sleep.  She really was a big help!!  My mom was able to come the rest of the week to help watch Matthew. 

I am off on Friday so I can get things ready for this weekend.  We are blessing Matthew in church on Sunday and will have lots of family in town.  It's been very stressful trying to work and get the house ready for company.  Steve's dad has been here all week helping him build a deck. They have been working really hard and it's coming together nicely.  Hopefully it will be done by the weekend. 

Life is a little stressful this week, but should calm down after Sunday.  I am looking forward to having family here to share in Matthew's blessing.  It will be a very special day (if only I can relax and not let the stress get to me!). 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Glad you all had a nice Easter. I hope the transition of going back to work goes smoothly.

Tracey said...

Back to work already! Time has flown by. How nice that you can transition back slowly. That should really help.

It's so wonderful to share your baby with the people you love most. It's bittersweet because you know they have to leave. Why can't everyone just live near us?

Kim said...

I love your pictures, so beautiful and amazing to see your family, YOUR Family! Warms my heart.

I would be stressed too trying to work and get ready for company, I think once the time arrives for Matthews Blessing and everything is done, you will be able to sit back and enjoy it.
Don't forget to breath! xoxoxoxox

Alex said...

Good luck going back to work - I know that can be a little stressful! And how wonderful that everyone's coming in for little Matthew's blessing. Enjoy this time!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Love all the pictures. How precious that you were able to use the same headband that Abbey wore too.

Enjoy the weekend!