I opened up my blog and was going to blog about how sometimes it's hard to remember to be grateful, even when things don't always happen when we want them to. (I've been having one of those 'blue' days/weeks).
Then....
An earthquake hit VA!!
Seriously! Go turn on the news.
It was a 5.8. Shook my whole house!
My boss felt it in NC. People felt it in NYC.
I've never felt an earthquake before. It was weird.
Thankful it wasn't major.
Nothing like an earthquake to 'shake' you back to reality.
I am going to have an attitude of gratitude.
Sometimes it takes work to focus on the positives.
The blessings are right in front of us, we just need to recognize them.
6 comments:
our building was shaking and all i could thing of was grab all my things and get out of here! i work on 16th floor and ran down the stairs along with hundred of ppl! it was my first too and it was scary! glad to hear ur ok!
Glad you're ok!! It was scary, that's for sure.
Kari
www.karisbabysteps.blogspot.com
So thankful you all are safe! Where we live people say they felt it. I was driving during it and didn't thankfully! I pray God helps you through this week. I know we all have days that are tough sometimes. Sunshine is just around the corner!
Good way to put life into perspective! Apparently the quake was even felt here in Ohio. We were driving home from the science center though when it happened so we didn't notice anything. I'm glad it helped to change your mood though, and that you're okay!!
I was thinking about you yesterday, glad your ok. Yes, sometimes we need a gentle reminder to appreciate what we have...sounds like yours wasnt exactly gentle but glad it did the job :)
Love those faces!!!! I wish we lived close so I could spoil and experience a piece of that joy!
Attitude of gratitude - love this!
Post a Comment