Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Picking







Apple picking has been an annual activity for us (since we kinda live in what's considered apple country).  It's one of the many things we look forward to in the fall. 

My sister came out with three (out of five) of her kids and joined us.  The kids all had fun and I think the best part is the apple cider donuts! Oh so yummy.

Matthew mostly stayed in the wagon and tried to 'taste' all the apples in the bags. We picked Golden and Red Delicious, Nittany, and Stayman apples.

We are going back this weekend to pick Granny Smith and Fuji apples!

How many more times can I say I love fall ya'll?!!

11 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh so cute.. look at all those happy smiling faces.

JP said...

That looks like such a fun outing! What do you cook/make/do with all those gorgeous apples?

simplyvonne said...

pink lady apples are my fav to pick!! We have to drive so far to pick them so we hardly ever go so..we pick grapes instead haha !

Alex said...

What a great outing! What a wonderful way to spend a day!!!

Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun!!

There are so many seasonal activities like this that I cannot wait to do with our child/ren. It's not the same without littles.

Elle said...

Seriously cute! I wish we had apple orchards for picking around here. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love fresh pressed cider. I've never had it in donut format. It sounds tasty.

The funny thing is, I was wondering what kinds of apples you picked. You must have known I would ask. ;)

I LOVE fall!

momto8 said...

how fun for all of you! and your pictures you will treasure..
I remember the many fall harvest days we would go to...great memories for everyone..how fun!!

Heather Nelsen said...

These pictures are GREAT!! So so cute. I am with you- I LOVE Fall!! Hope you guys had fun picking this past weekend too! :)

~Heather

Jessica White said...

I live for cider donuts!!

All those kiddo faces are absolutely adorable!

Laurie said...

apple picking is the perfect fall activity!

ps: be sure to enter my autumn-themed baking giveaway on my blog! http://www.love-laurie.com/2012/10/a-love-laurie-giveaway.html

kendra @ little almanac said...

How fun! What orchard did you go to? We're thinking about heading up to Hartland this weekend for pumpkin picking.