These two pictures were taken 15 mins apart.
The first one was when Matthew was pushing his face against the screen on the sliding glass door and I told him 'no'. He responded by hitting mommy and was put in timeout.
(Just look at that face!)
Time out only lasted a minute.
Then 15 minutes later, he was trying to climb into the dishwasher and I said 'no' to him and again, he proceeded to hit mommy, again.
Back to the corner he went.
I think he was just having a rough day. Although lately, it seems like he's been having a lot of bad days. Maybe early signs of terrible two's?! Who knows. We suspect he might be hitting a growth spurt too. His sleep's been slightly off and like I said, he's been having a lot of bad days recently.
Even when he's bad, he's still stinkin' cute!
11 comments:
These last few posts have cracked me up!!! Too funny!! He will look at these pictures and laugh one day. Glad you can keep yourself laughing too, even through the pre-terrible-two moments! ;) Precious!
~Heather
Oh my gosh, I know he's supposed to be in trouble, but how cute is he! Hopefully it's just a growth spurt and passes quickly!
i think it's the terrible two. my son's been acting similar lately. loves to give me physical pain. but you really can't be mad at them. they're too precious.
Oh thank GOODNESS I'm not the only one who snaps my child throwing a tantrum/crying! How's time-out working, anyways? Do you think it's effective at such a young age? I'm guessing you only save it for the serious offenses (hitting), but what are your thoughts on when to start for just not following instructions (sit still so I can put on shoes)? SO curious to see what other mamas think about this topic...thinking about starting time-outs with our Dot (19 mos), and I'd love to hear what you think! x
Oh my, every time I read one your your posts it could have be me writing it!! Oliver and Matthew are very very similar! We are going through a hitting phase also (very annoying!), occasional biting and sleeping pattern a bit off too. All of this will pass too!
Oh MY! What a pitiful face. Did you put a tack in his time-out corner??
Tot had a hitting phase too. Hopefully, Matthew's will be gone in a flash.
This may post twice...
OH MY what a pitiful face. Are you sure there's not a tack in his time out corner??
Tot's hitting phase didn't last too long. Hopefully, Matthew's will be gone quickly too.
Isn't it fun! *note sarcasm* Yea, I think the 2s start at 18 months, the 3s at 30 months. Oy!
awwwwww!!!! yes he is still cute, Im sure he's prob going through the terrible twos.
oh for the app, K loves: Animal Alphabet with Geofrrey, hello zoo for kids, kids animal draw, and magic piano
Yes, he is quite adorable when he's upset! Ugh - time out. I do not look forward to disciplining Alex...
Time out and crying-it-out are outdated -and detrimental- methods. Please reconsider.
Post a Comment