So we ended up starting out at the furniture store. I'm looking for a buffet/kitchen side table for my breakfast area. I know Steve can make me one, but he doesn't have time and it would take for-evva! We only made it to two stores until Abbey started to get a little to ansy. So we went to CiCi's for lunch.
Yummy pizza and salad (and it's cheap)!
(I got my hair cut on Friday so it's shorter, much easier and faster to dry and style).
We were trying to figure out what to do to keep Abbey entertain. I suggested we go paint pottery! I've never done that before and I knew Abbey would enjoy painting. We all picked out pieces to paint. Abbey went with a fairy jewelry box (for her mom for Christmas). Steve picked a tractor (he still trying to be a farmer so this was a reminder for him to keep dreaming about his farm). I ended up picking a flower vase. Simple and not too intricate.
Here we are with our pottery pieces before the painting began.
Abbey and her Fairy jewelry box.
Steve with his tractor. It looks pink, but the lady promised him that when it's dry it will be orange.
My light lavendar and purple polka dot vase. I'm not creative at all so I wanted to keep it simple. And I figured I could always use the vase (on the rare occassion that my hubby buys me flowers).
Overall, we had a great weekend with Abbey. On Sunday the sun decided to come out and it was a gorgeous day for the pumpkin patch, but we don't go out and spend money on Sundays so it was just another sabbath day spent at church and relaxing at home.
7 comments:
Love the pottery pieces. Looks like you had a great day :)
What a bummer about the pumpkin patch, it looks like you still had a great day. Did you go to a CMM to paint your pieces. We have one here by my house and I LOVE going there with my best friend to just paint, hang out, and talk. Steve's tractor will be orange. lol
sounds like a great weekend!!! i love those pottery places too, they are the best.
What a great weekend!!
I love your vase! Nothing wrong at all with Purple polka dots!!
Sass
:)
I've always wanted to go to one of those pottery places, I have to try it. I love the vase and polka dots always make me smile.
ICLW
I love your vase!!! You know you and steve should get a little patch of land and start a christmas tree farm!! I bet in that area it would go over great!! My sister used to live near Front Royal. I'm not sure how close that is to you. But the ground would be good for pine trees of any sort. Just a thought for the future farmer. Loved the pics!!
Cute new haircut! I am in the process of getting ready to cut mine off (its 3/4 down my back, and I am going for shoulder length). It looks like you all had a great time :)
Post a Comment