Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beta #1 from IVF #1

Everyone says the 2 WW is the hardest, and believe me, it was! The first week wasn't so bad since I was home on 'couch rest.'  It was harder once I returned to work.  I couldn't stop thinking about those two little embry babies and wondering if they were hatching and attaching. 

So, on Friday I broke down and took a pregnancy test.  I figured it had been long enough right? 

Friday, Oct. 2nd, 10dp3dt (10 days pass 3 day transfer) = BFN (BIG FAT NEGATIVE).  What a bummer that was.

Okay, so I should have listen to Steve when he said it was too early and that I would just be sad if it came back negative.  He was so right!

Then I figured I would wait two days and test again.  It just HAD to happen at this point!

Sunday, Oct 4th,  (12dp3dt) = BFN.  Double bummer.  By this point, I was feeling VERY discouraged! I was sulking in my own pity party, convinced that this first cycle was a total bust! 

Tuesday rolled around and I was convinced that it was going to be another negative so why waste the pregnancy test (those things can get expensive!)  But I needed to know before I went in for the actual beta test so I could prepare myself for the bad news. 

I was tired of seeing the negative results so I peed in a cup and told Steve to take the test for me.  Three minutes later, he showed me the stick and there were two lines!!!  Wow, I couldn't believe it!

Tuesday (14dp3dt) = BFP (BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!)

Look closely, you can see two lines. 

This morning, before we went in for our beta test, I wanted to take one more home pregnancy test. JUST to make sure I wasn't being punk'd, (15dp3dt).  Wow, it was still a BFP!! There's something about actually seeing the word 'Pregnant' that makes it real!


We went in this morning for our first beta test. I wanted to wait for the nurse to call before I posted anything. She literally just called.  Beta test was positive, HOWEVER, it was VERY low....24! She told me to continue to be optimistic.  I am so nervous and scared now.  Wow, I've never heard of such a low number.  I go back on Friday for another beta.  PLEASE, PLEASE pray for us!

**If you are my friend on Facebook, please do not post anything on my wall concerning this.  Feel free to comment here or email me, but I don't want to post it on FB. 
** If you are my friends from church, please do not spread the news to anyone.  I just ask that everyone say prayers for us!**

15 comments:

A said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!!! I will keep you and your little one(s) in my prayers!!!!!!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

I am SO happy for you! Congrats, congrats, congrats! And try to stay positive...perhaps you just have a late implanter in there which is why your hcg was low.
Congratulations and ENJOY today- YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!

Abby said...

Yay! Congrats! We went to the temple last week and put your name on the prayer roll...and I'm so glad we did!! We are praying for you!

Saige said...

OMG!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so glad I checked in. CONGRATS SWEETIE!!! I will remain very optimistic on your behalf. You will be very much in my thoughts and prayers. Now you just have to wait two more days for that second beta... *drums fingers on desk*

Best wishes!

*HUGS!*

ap said...

Extra prayers sent your way. Thanks for the blog award too! So sweet. I haven't posted it yet, but I will!

Anonymous said...

I am with you all the way! Prayers are being said as I type.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Mindy and Larry said...

I understand how crucial this part is, even though I've never been through the treatments...we need the powers and will of Heaven to help you keep those babies!!!! for another 8 months, please, Lord!

Justina said...

Congrats to you! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have faith that the second Beta will be a good one!!

Mrs. Farmer said...

OMG!!! Congrats!! You and your hubby have worked so hard and I'm so happy for you both!! I will be praying for you and sending your embies sticky thoughts!!! Good luck!!
Love & Hugs

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I'm so excited for you. I will be *stalking your blog* to read about the next beta numbers.

Saying prayers for you now!

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

Praying!!! God is so good! Keep your positive thoughts. Congrats!!!

Becky said...

Oh Hannah! That's awesome! I'll say some prayers for you right now! I agree with Deanna here, Keep positive thoughts. Remember you have a lot of other tries if this doesn't work also. Love you Hannah!

Anonymous said...

The Dollar store have pregnancy tests, may help save some $.
Congrats to you both. Prayers heading your way!

Shanan said...

Yay, Hannah. I hope this one works out. You're in our prayers. And mums the word!!!

Hillary said...

WONDERFUL news! I'm praying for you and your baby!